Port Macquarie Region Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Port Macquarie Region Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing portmacquarie.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Port Macquarie Region for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Port Macquarie Region?
Port Macquarie, located in the picturesque region of New South Wales, Australia, is a rich cultural hub boasting a number of galleries, museums and historical venues. Here, we take a closer look at some of the key sites that are sure to entice and delight visitors.
1. Glasshouse Regional Gallery – Boasting an impressive collection of contemporary Australian art, the Glasshouse Regional Gallery is a must-visit location for any art lover. Located in Clarence Street, the gallery features a number of exhibitions, installations and workshops throughout the year, as well as a permanent collection that showcases Australian artists.
2. Hastings Fine Art Gallery – Another notable gallery in Port Macquarie is the Hastings Fine Art Gallery that is located on Gordon Street. The gallery offers a wide range of visual arts, including paintings, sculptures, and prints created by local and national artists. It is a perfect spot for exploring and appreciating various art forms.
3. Sunset Gallery – Situated on the North Shore of Port Macquarie, the Sunset Gallery is a beautiful location for art enthusiasts. The Gallery offers a diverse collection of paintings and sculptures by local and national artists. Sunset Gallery is also a perfect spot to experience picturesque sunsets over the ocean.
1. Port Macquarie Museum - Located in Clarence St, the Port Macquarie Museum is a small yet impressive museum. It showcases the history of the region including stories about the Birpai People, local pioneers, and the region's growth into today. The museum also has a dinosaur display, a maritime section, and a film about the history of Port Macquarie.
2. Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard – For history fans, the Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard is a fascinating destination. The beautifully restored homestead dates back to the 1860s and features exhibitions on the region's wine-making heritage. Located on Boundary Street in Port Macquarie, the site offers an insight into the colonial times and wine history of the region.
3. Port Macquarie Historic Courthouse – The Port Macquarie Historic Courthouse is a heritage-listed building located on Clarence Street. Built-in 1869, the courthouse has been converted into a museum and gallery. It has numerous displays on the history of Australian law and the judiciary, as well as a gallery of changing exhibitions.
1. Tacking Point Lighthouse – A visit to the Tacking Point Lighthouse is a must-do for history enthusiasts. Located in the Port Macquarie suburb of Lighthouse Beach, the lighthouse dates back to 1879 and is still in operation today. The site offers stunning views of the ocean and a glimpse into the region's coastline history.
2. Timbertown Heritage Theme Park - Located just outside of Port Macquarie, Timbertown Heritage Theme Park offers visitors a trip back in time to the early 1800s. The park recreates an entire timber-getting village, with re-enactors, steam trains, and a working sawmill. It offers visitors an extraordinary educational experience into the region's history.
3. St. Thomas Anglican Church – St. Thomas Anglican Church is the oldest church in Port Macquarie. Built in 1824, the church is a testament to the region's rich history. It is a beautifully preserved building that still hosts regular Sunday services.
In summary, the Port Macquarie region is steeped in history and culture, with a range of galleries, museums, and historical sites peppered throughout. From quaint museums to stunning lighthouses, visitors will not be disappointed with the wealth of cultural attractions on offer.
Port Macquarie Region Galleries and Museums Articles