Port Macquarie Region Local Services
Port Macquarie Region ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Port Macquarie Region site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Port Macquarie Region Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Port Macquarie Region When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Port Macquarie Region Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Port Macquarie Region Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Port Macquarie Region ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Port Macquarie Region and a Place to Meet
The portmacquarie.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Port Macquarie Region
Port Macquarie is a beautiful coastal town located in the Mid North Coast region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this city:
1. The town was initially established as a penal colony in 1821, and many of the buildings from that era still stand today, including the courthouse and gaol.
2. Port Macquarie has its own microclimate, which means it has more sunshine hours than the surrounding areas. It also rarely gets too hot or too cold, making it a perfect place to visit year-round.
3. The town is home to the largest population of koalas in New South Wales, and there are several wildlife parks and sanctuaries where visitors can see these cute and cuddly creatures up close.
4. Port Macquarie is a popular surfing spot, with waves that are suitable for both beginners and experienced surfers. Many of the beaches are also patrolled by lifeguards during the summer months.
5. There are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy in Port Macquarie, including hiking, fishing, kayaking, and camping. The area is also perfect for birdwatching, with over 330 species of birds found in the region.
6. The town is home to several national parks, including the famous Hastings River Fishermen's Co-Op, which is a great place to sample fresh seafood.
7. The beaches of Port Macquarie are not just perfect for surfing and swimming, but also for whale watching. Every year, between May and November, thousands of humpback whales migrate along the coast, and there are several companies that offer whale watching tours.
8. Port Macquarie is known for its wine and food scene. Many visitors love to visit the area's vineyards and enjoy a wine tasting or two.
9. The town has a rich maritime history, with several shipwrecks occurring along the coast. The Tacking Point Lighthouse, which was built in 1879, is one of the best places to learn about this history.
10. Finally, Port Macquarie is a great place to relax and unwind. With its laid-back lifestyle, beautiful scenery, and friendly locals, it's no wonder that visitors keep coming back year after year.